Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back into the routine

Somehow I managed to get in two workouts today - although short in duration they still count! In a measley attempt to get back into the "routine" I began the morning with a little cardio. I've been trying to stay off training my shoulder because of some shoulder bursitis that seemed to have developed throught training for the last show. The shoulder is just so hard to truely rest. You use it in everything - I run for 45 minutes and the volume and motion gets it to flair up again, sitting at a desk for 8 hours hunched over a computer screen causes it to tighten and stick...sigh. Stupid arm.

Nevertheless, I will not slow down. I got on the bike this morning determined to give myself a good 20+ minutes before I moved to my favorite of the cardio machines, the treadmill. I find it's just so much more relaxing to run then to get stuck on some moving stairs or have your feet stuck to the elliptical pedals. While I am always mixing it up, I find it's much easier to start on one machine for 15 or so minutes and then move to the next piece of equiptment for the remaining time. That way I don't get too bored and I can decrease the volume training on my arm. Success - I walked away with 40 minutes of morning cardio before 730am.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout: Total Body with what? CARDIO! Yay... =) In planning my meals for this week I ran across a fun recipe that looks like something good to try for tomorrow night's dinner: Garlic-Basil Shrimp Recipe




And last but certainly not least for today - some inspiration:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AD2DvqxSiI

No comments:

Post a Comment