Saturday, April 10, 2010

Supplements 101

So I started out this morning at 4am.  Yea some may say, "Ok, that's normal for me" but I woke up to extreme stomach muscle cramps and queasiness.  I found out first hand the "most common" supplement leading to upset stomach, stomach cramps, nausea, etc.  Zinc on an empty stomach or perhaps too much of it.  So in the case that you are taking anything it's good to know:
"Some supplements like IP-6 and amino acids like arginine are best taken on an empty stomach so only water should be used with them but for most supplements, eating some protein and/or oil with them will increase their absorption by stimulating the liver to produce acid."  more info

Good to know right?! Sadly, I should have just read the label.  But of course when you are "dieting" you think all things may not apply to you...haha. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again. 

Moral of the story: Read the labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment