Sunday, April 25, 2010

Results are in!!

So the big day came and went faster than I really realized it would.  Husband Brandon, Mom, Dad, Andrea, Punky, Lindsey and more, were all close at hand to yell "Go 21!" to anyone that could hear. 

Thanks to all the support I received from my team over at SoCal Strength and Conditioning - Coaches Max and Gillian; perfect makeup and hair by Briana Nickas and posing help from the lovely Nancy Georges, it was a perfect day!
Result:  1st place for Class A - Orange County Muscle Classic 2010
Briana and I preshow

The feeling was amazing, better than I thought it would be.  My first win and it was just as I visualized and the rush waiting backstage for all of the winners to be announce from each class was unreal.  I was so happy to not only meet all of these new girls, but to go against the best was such an honor.  The competition was tough and all the girls were in phenomenal shape.  It was amazing how well everyone dieted this year - ABS were this shows hot ticket item! 

Jay Cutler, our guest poser, got the crowd excited with his dramatic presentation and crowd involvement.  He was there picking up babies, taking fan pictures, and just all around WOWING with his 300lb self...haha!

I can now reflect on the enormous amount of pride I felt with that win in the SAME figure show where I first started in 2008 at 6th place.  Every year you make changes, every year you push harder, every year you want first more.  Now that I received my first top finish, it is that feeling that keeps me going to compete in July. 

With every competition it gets harder, diet needs to be on point, improvement is earned.  I look forward to taking a little bit of a break from figure to help "carry the flag" for my gym Crossfit Balboa in the Crossfit Affilate Cup in May and then back to the strict programming for figure pros in July!  Tough competition to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment